Monday 7 February 2011

Marathon training, week 12

Because I learnt at the conference that I should start running on the streets immediately, i started the week by putting myself to the test - run from my parents house to university.
I did it, quite easily. In an hour and a half. This doesn't include the 20 minutes where i had to stop and apply plasters to my blisters. It was about 8.8 miles. So that's exactly 1/3rd of the marathon. At this rate i will run the marathon in about five hours.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Ahem.

But anyway, it wasn't as difficult as i thought it would be, so i'm going to extend the distance next week by running around the block once beforehand, adding over 2 miles (big block).

On the tuesday I went to a yoga class, to limber up from the run.
On the wednesday, i did some High Interval training.
On the thursday I tried to go to the gym but was fed up.
And on saturday, i did another street run; this time at night time, and for only 5.5 miles. I did it on a full stomach too. Not a good idea.

Although the whole week was easy enough, physically, and in terms of willpower to a degree, it does kind of scare me that that amount of exercise is the bare minimum that i need to be putting in weekly now.

This weeks mileage: 17.3

Raised a massive £56.20 this week which was amazing; thanks to some lovely people :)
See if I can get even more next week!

If you haven't done so already, click HERE to sponsor me.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, and I'll sponsor you as soon as I get paid lol XD

    ReplyDelete