Monday 28 June 2010

Very Almost missed my plane - Day 33

“I think I just got my Love Actually Airport Scene”

With a normal international flight, you’re given 3 hours. I imagine this is done to accommodate any hiccups. When the international flight is preceeded by a domestic connection, you’re only given 1 hour. Apparently there are no hiccups with domestic flights.

Well I forgot my passport and ticket. That’s a hiccup.

I only realised this at 6:40. My flight was at 8. So we phoned back to the house and Clare’s dad nominated himself to be the one who picks up my documents and races to the airport. While he did this, all we could do was wait.

“Can I help you sir?”
“No. I’m just waiting for my passport.”
“Hah.”

Check in closed at 7:30. At 7:25 Clare ran in with my things in her hand “Luke!”

You don’t know how elated I was.

“Luke! Where is your passport?!”

That’s right, Clare’s dad drove all the way across the City with only my ticket. So that was it, I was going to just go back home.

Clare left.

Then she ran back in, passport in hand!

Whatever that last little ‘missing-passport’ joke was, it was cruel.

We embraced.

I checked in. 7:28.

No comments:

Post a Comment