Monday 14 June 2010

Race For Life - Day 15

I don't have a picture of her, but her memory is quite preserved.
My dear Yiayia mou, Loukia, died in February 2007 from Cancer.


A few months ago my Mom and Sister signed themselves up for the 'Race for life', in memory of my grandmother. I'm eternally proud of them both.

So, the race was today; day 15. The location was Hampstead heath. The plan was to turn up, watch my mom and sister race, then hang out with friends.

But we all know what happens to plans.

We woke up two hours late, severly hangover. Turned up late, and my WHOLE family (seven members... not to say that tehre are only 7 people in my family, but you get the point.) were sat in a circle.
We joined the circle and awkward moments ensued.
My dad, then began to reminisce about Vanuatu. Me being hungover, and exited about my coming trip, then began to cry. Even more awkward.

It was only after that situation ended, that i realised what a difficult situation it was!

A curry picnic was then consumed, and was followed by some food that i found absolutely repulsive. Gulab Jamon.

Gulab Jamon

It sounds like something Demonic. It tastes like crap.
This is them. Don't be fooled by thier looks.



One internet website describes them as follows:
"Gulab jamuns are an Indian version of donuts immeresed in the warm sweet syrup."

Not a warm sweet syrup, but the warm sweet syrup. I don't know what point this proves other than bad English (which doesn't prove anything, because they're Indian anyway).but my point is, don't try them.

Instead, Have the greek version. Loukamides. The name sounds like a flower, or a God, and they taste like heaven. Everyone wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment