Tuesday 9 March 2010

February.

This is going to be a very bloggy type blog entry. February was a really good month for me; very busy and full of fun activities, culminating in the arrival of Spring!

After looking at my iCal, february wasn't actually as exiting as i made it out to be.
But basically, LOST is very good. Sayid, Claire and Locke are pure evil (either you watch LOST and you already knew that, or you don't watch it and therefore don't care), but i love the way that there is a twist, in the form of all the characters dieing or becoming evil, or both.

Manchester is where i went for a very long weekend. THe third time i've been, and third time lucky. I liked the city for the first time! I don't know why i disliked it before, but i found it really enjoyable this time, and will return. But not in winter. Had a Vanuatu reunion. 10 of 15 together again, which i can safely and sadly say is the most it will ever be. Sad times.

Cinema. Saw Valentines day, which was a nice way to spend the 14th, rather than kill myself alone in my bedroom. Precious - very touching, and funny. AVATAR.
AVATAR. I'm still adamant that this wasn't just a film, it was more of an experience. The story may be just a slight rip off of Pocahontas, but who doesn't love Pocahontas? I found the visuals to be so out of this world that for most of the film, my brain was hurting. So out of this world that i never, not even for a second, doubted that the story wasn't true. I wasn't sat there thinking 'wow, good visual effects!', i was sat there thinking 'HOW CAN THOSE FUCKERS BE DESTROYING THE TREE OF LIFE! WE HAVE TO KILL ALL THE HUMANS!'
So yeah, that film changed my life. I will now join the green party, and move to the South Pacific, to live in a big tree. People actually do that shit.

And this brings us to the last weekend of February.
I still think this weekend deserves its own blog entry, so i will just give my really interested readers a glimpse, till i have the time and effort available to blog the whole thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment