Sunday 6 March 2011

Marathon Training, week 16

SIXTEEN WEEKS OF THIS SHIT!

Well, I'm not complaining. If i had one complaint, it would be the weather. It's so cold guys. Running in shorts and a t-shirt! I've been sneezing a lot this week. That would be shit; not running the marathon because i caught a cold!!!

Another complaint… or more of an observation of something annoying, is how complex and thought provoking a long distance run can be. No-one likes running in circles, so i generally use a long journey to coincide with such runs. Usually home-uni, or uni-my parents house, or the dentist-uni or some other shit like that. But then i will need a shower at my destination, and a change of clothes, so i always have to go there a day or 2 earlier and stash these things, kind of defeating the point of using the run to coincide with the journey, if i have to make the same journey anyway to prepare for the run! Then that leaves me with what I HAVE to carry - water, banana, carbo-gel, ipod, phone, wallet, blister plasters. I only have two hands, so I literally sellotape these things together and then hold them in two handy packages. Besides looking like i freak, I can never forget my sellotape wherever I go.

Did my usual shit this week - A threshold run, yoga, then my longest run yet - 13.2 miles! That's just over a half marathon :). It hurt a bit for the last 20 minutes, and I got upset that I was only halfway toward my eventual goal. My leg still hurts, i think I pulled something mildly. Then finished the week with some good old Interval Training.

Also, I saw a billboard advertising something to do with the marathon this week, and ran past quite a few other people running, so there's a big sense of anticipation in the air!

Now I have two very positive things to tell you;

1. I raised £115 this week!!!!!! That is SO DAMN MUCH. To put it in perspective, I raised £140 in the whole of february. Let's see if i can keep it in triple digits next week :) Big thank you to Raffaella and my baby brother Nick!

2. While dancing naked in front of the mirror, I noticed some muscle definition in my stomach that wasn't there before. I put that down to the Interval Training to be honest. But yeah, physical results are becoming visible results, which is encouraging!

PLEASE PLEASE SPONSOR ME!!!
If i haven't asked you personally yet, I will. If I have, and you haven't sponsored me - I'm writing a damn list. There's no escape from me and my good cause. http://www.justgiving.com/lukasgeorgiou

No comments:

Post a Comment