Monday 6 September 2010

Days 68 - 74

For my last week in Vanuatu, I went from Pentecost to Santo, and Santo to Vila.

I didn't take a lot of photos here. I was too exited on being around real food, and relative comfort!

I celebrated my return to the world by eating a huge chocolate eclair, a burger and chips, and skyping my boyfriend, who's face i hadn't seen in almost 5 weeks. I had a completely perfect day!

I spent a few days scuba diving on the S.S.President Coolidge - the biggest and most accesible shipwreck in the world!
I also spent one day nearly dieing on said wreck. I was trained by 'Aquamarine' dive school, and it was Aquamarine that i dived the wreck with. I was invited to dive down to different parts of the ship, each at 20, 24, 38, 44 and 48 metres respectively. It was only at 44 metres, lost in the ship with a broken torch, a faulty regulator and a nose bleed that i began to realise i was out of my depth!!!
I then found out that i was only qualified to dive to 18 metres. Which they hadn't told me. Highly illegal. sad times. But it makes for a fun story.

I saw my old friend, and the number one inspiration in my life, Selina! Here is her, in her new house, with baby Lila.






This was my accomodation for the week.
It was in this room where the famous sleeping-naked-and-then-a-cockroach-ran-between-my-bum-cheeks incident happened.



Independence Day!







This boy was actually horrible. He threw ash at me, then some sticks, then a poo. Yeah. A kid threw a poo at me.



This second time round in Vanuatu, because my i'd changed so much, my eyes were open to see the harsher side of life. I could see the signs of this life everywhere. Including this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment