Tuesday 30 November 2010

Marathon Training, week 3

Session 4

So based on my experiences with M.I.A last week, i thought i would try, at a friends recommendation, some 'dark Psy-trance' music.

So i made my way onto Youtube and with some difficulty managed to nab 3 songs. Or so i thought.

A lot of loading and waiting later, and there were 950 dark psy tracks sitting in my iTunes. Let's not ask how that happened. Let me just tell you that it's called trance for a reason.

Got onto the treadmill after a tough day at uni and started running, had a peek at the clock. Bam. 17 minutes had passed. I had a little giggle to myself and then whooosh. 41 minutes had passed. Satisfied at the quickest 50 minutes of my life, i got off the treadmill.

Session 5

Didn't want to overkill the running, so had a 1-on-1 'core work out' class in the gym, followed by 20 minutes on the bike machine.

Session 6

The unfamiliar exercise's of session 5 made me ache for a good few days, but i plowed through, and with the help of my trance music, at 10am on a snowey morning, managed to spend 70 minutes running, without looking at the clock, or slowing down. I ran 8 miles.


Good news everyone. Trance music is the key to running far.


No comments:

Post a Comment