Thursday 18 November 2010

Marathon Training, Day 1

I was 5 weeks behind the 'traditional' training program so thought I'd better take the plunge... so i packed my gym kit, joined the gym and sorted out a timetable later. One week later (which is today) i finally started.

One hour, 15 minutes of circuit training left me looking exhausted but feeling quite exhilarated, so i went to run on the treadmill for half an hour.

As we all know, today is the one year anniversary of The Fame Monster being released, so i listened to the whole of that in the half an hour.



As Teeth ended, i removed my ipod from the ipod holder. It was only then that i realised some pig of a person decided to leak sweat/pour all over the machine before i used it and my ipod was in a puddle of whatever that was. As a result, it wouldn't turn off, so while oi showered, all the men of the changing room were subjected to that album on repeat. I myself was treated, on return from the shower, by a very attractive naked man staring at me for a while, before winking at me and asking me to go and fetch him a towel as he forgot his. I did this with much purpose and have since managed to find him on facebook.
Should that information be shared? Let's blame the endorphins.

On the treadmill, I couldn't help but think "Really? Doing this 4 times a week for 5 months? Seriously?" So i will need some sort of persuasion/momentum to help me keep going. This actually, can come from you. In the form of a) kind words and support. and b) Money, via the following, very simple URL.

www.justgiving.com/lukasgeorgiou


You may wonder why i have a 'seductive; picture up. Well i will tell you.
I put it up as a joke. Went to remove it the next day, and had recieved a sponsorship from a complete stranger. Thanks, Paul. So i figure that it should stick if it pulls in the bears.

Total training time: 1 hour, 45 minutes.
Current Mood: Cautiously exited.

No comments:

Post a Comment