Sunday 24 October 2010

What makes a brown noser?

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a rant, but let's not confuse it for a happy topic.
There's two gilrs in my class this year, and i can't help but notice how much they wind me everyone up.

They both annoy me separately, but I know it's for the same reasons. They have these things in common;

1. They put their hands up for and/or answer almost every question.
2. They do so in a pretentious, know-it-all way.
3. When they aren't licking the bum of the teacher, they're trying to impress everyone else. I saw them both in the common room recently. One exclaimed to the group "Do you like my shirt? I made it myself." to which the other said "I could make a shirt like that."
We don't care.
4. They have horrible voices.
5.They both wear these glasses:



But niether of them are Madonna.

That's the issue I have, I think.
If someone is wearing geeky glasses, knowing they're not a geek, then it's a juxtaposition. Which is the point. That makes it 'geek chic' rather than 'geek'.

And if a geek wears the glasses, then they're simply a geek.

But when an annoying bitch wears them, She's not geek, and she's not geek chic. She's just an annoying bitch with one more reason for us not to like her stuck to her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment