Tuesday 26 October 2010

10K - 44 Minutes

Last week, I completed a 10 Kilometer / 6.2 Mile race for Cancer Research UK.

Here's a nice picture of me running it:




And here's one of me stopping a little bit to change the song on my iPod, probably a the beginning of the race:



I only trained for a month, and my best time was 49.30, so was aiming to push myself for 48 minutes. So you will understand my shock when i got to the last kilometer at 41 minutes! So i did the best i could and went all out for the last kilometer, which made me feel quite sick, which was a strange sensation.
Here's me at the end, looking healthy:






So yeah. It was a good experience, but ended quite quickly. I think i might be a bit addicted to running now.

When it came to sponsoring me, every little helped, as some people understood:



And some people conveniently dissapeared at the mention of charity. Good one, guys.




Regardless of that, You guys managed to conjour up my sponsorship target of £200. Thanks to everyone below for sponsoring me!




I might do another race, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment