Sunday 16 January 2011

Marathon Training, weeks 4 - 9

I kind of went off the radar with keeping track of this because of Uni. Last term was hard, what with doing a compulsory module, two shit modules, and a third year module; uni took up almost every breath, and i slackened a bit for a fortnight. I came back with a vengeance after Christmas though, and stepped up my game.

I received a leaflet in the post about the different types of running to train with so I've been going up-hill, down-hill, fast, slow, and even tried running at my threshold for a half hour. I ran 4 miles but wouldn't recommend it because i had a massive comedown afterward.

But going hard has definately had it's benefits. I've managed to raise 8% of my minimum sponsorship target. That's not a high percentage, but £1500 is a lot of money. I'm not sure how far i'll get but it being the minimum kind of answers that question for me.

Also, i saw an old flame recently, and he remarked that my "body had change". I "used to be a skinny boy, but now I have the physique of a big man." This filled me slightly with disdain, and i exclaimed "But i want to be a skinny boy!"
To which he replied "Oh but you are. With your clothes on, you're a cute skinny boy, and when you take them off, the manly body is a very nice surprise."
Then, some other things happened.

What we can all learn here is that exercise pays off in a lot of ways.

I'm yet to do a run for longer than 65 minutes, so I think that kind of has to be on the agenda sometime soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment