Monday 8 February 2010

In Upendi... Where the passionfruit grow sweet.

So i saw the Lion King. Ah-Mazing.
Young Simba couldn't sing very well, but i actually wet myself when the Elephant walked through the audience, with the little baby elephant holding onto it's tail <3 And when all the gazelles went past.
And in 'Just Can't wait to be King' Where they replaced traditional animals with HUGE fabric Giraffe's that looked like they belonged in a drug trip.
And of course when the stampede came and scar threw Mufasa off the Cliff. Who would have thought all these things possible inside a small theatre?

Me being me, took pirate videos. But me being me won't put the best ones up because then you won't go and see it.
But here is Simba and Nala embracing:


And here is Timone and Pumba at the final sunrise:



And here is Rafiki and Simba...with my FAVOURITE Lion King 2 Song. Which they added in as a little suprise just for me:

1 comment:

  1. omg i have seen this musical 2 times, once in london back in 2000 and twice in sydney, and if i could afford it i'd see it another 10 times!! for some reason i cry every time the animals come down through the audience, it just moves me :) but yeah, incredible... sooo incredible :)

    ReplyDelete